1 cup quinoa
1 lg mango (peeled and diced)
1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 cup black beans(don't forget to rinse them)
1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
1 green onion (sliced)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 lime (zest and juice)
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Mix main ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller separate bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over main ingredients and toss to coat.
- I substituted diced peaches for the mango (son allergic to mango)
- Added diced avocado (yummm!)
- Substituted diced yellow onion for the green onion (didn't have green onion)
- Omitted jalapeno pepper and cilantro (didn't have either of them)
- I added a bit of seasoning to the quinoa before it started cooking so it would have a great base flavor for the salad. (Better than Buillion brand seasoning)